Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Socks

What is it about socks? I love wearing socks, even in summer I like wearing them. I don't like my feet so anything covering them is a good thing. When I was little I would religiously wear socks to bed. Now I can knit socks I do enjoy wearing handknit ones but I'm very slow at making them, I find the monotony of them boring. However I will soon be making 3 hour round trips into London when I start my course therefore this should give me ample time to knit the most transportable of projects. My DB will love this as he loves handknit socks.

I started a new pair yesterday, meet Salto by Rebekkah Kerner from Knitty Spring 2008:


It is knitted in Fabel by Garnstudio brought at Scandinavian Knitting Design. It is a really nice sock yarn and very affordable, that's why I went and brought 8 balls of it!

I have a thing about sock yarn, it really is my only stash I don't seem to stash other yarns. Maybe it's the colours, the feel, I really couldn't say except I've never met a sock yarn that I haven't liked. I'm coveting the Socktopus website at the moment because it has duet sock yarn, it's a bit pricey but so yummy.

Anyway I have been fiddling with this blog for ages now, I'm amazed how much time it takes. I'm off to rest my cold ridden head.

Peace

No comments: